Add-On Box for Two Modules, Single input, Series Connected Modules, 12.5-105V MPPT, 12.5A, 120Vdc Max, MC4-Compatible In/Out, 1000VDC, (Use only with 3-Ph 9kW to 33.3kW Inverters), P800S.
The SolarEdge power optimizer is a DC/DC converter which is connected by installers to each solar module turning them into smart modules. The SolarEdge power optimizers increase energy output from PV systems by constantly tracking the maximum power point (MPPT) of each module individually. Furthermore, the power optimizers monitor the performance of each module and communicate performance data to the SolarEdge monitoring platform for enhanced, cost-effective module-level maintenance. Each power optimizer is equipped with the unique SafeDC™ feature which is designed to automatically reduce modules’ DC voltage to a safe level whenever the inverter or grid power is shut down (unless connected to a StorEdge™ Inverter that is operating in backup mode).
The MPPT per module allows for flexible installation design with multiple orientations, tilts and module types in the same string. When working with SolarEdge inverters, the power optimizers automatically maintain a fixed string voltage, allowing installers even greater flexibility with longer strings and strings of different lengths in order to design optimal PV systems. The SolarEdge power optimizers are compatible with c-Si, thin-film, and high current modules and have a 25-year warranty.
Commercial PV Power Optimization
- Up to 25% more energy
- Mitigates all types of module mismatch losses, from manufacturing tolerance to partial shading
- Flexible system design for maximum space utilization
- Next generation maintenance with module-level monitoring
- Module-level voltage shutdown for installer and firefighter safety
- The fixed-voltage technology ensures a SolarEdge power optimized solar system is always working at its optimal input voltage over a wider range of string lengths and regardless of the environmental conditions of your solar system.
Comprehensive Monitoring for the Life of the System
The web-based SolarEdge monitoring portal provides enhanced PV performance monitoring and yield assurance through immediate fault detection and alerts at module level, string level and system level.
No hardware or wiring is required to transmit data from the power optimizers to the inverter: the monitoring sensors and transmitters are built into the SolarEdge power optimizer and solar inverter, and measurement data is transmitted over the regular power lines.