According to EnergySage, South Korea-based LG Electronics Inc.’s solar panels are not just increasingly popular, they are “top-notch options in a diverse solar panel market.” This is due to the quality of LG solar panels, coupled with above-average warranties. In fact, LG was one of three winners of the prestigious 2018 Intersolar Awards.
Continuing LG’s winning legacy, Solerus Energy’s LG 320 Watt NeON™ 2 Solar Panels, starting at $0.91 per watt, offer the following features and are consistently ranked among the top-performing solar panels:
- Enhanced Performance Warranty: Even after 25 years, the cell guarantees 2.4% more output than the previous LG NeON modules.
- High Power Output: Compared with previous models, the LG NeON 2 has been designed to significantly enhance its output efficiency, thereby making it efficient even in limited space.
- Aesthetic Roof: LG NeON 2 has been designed with aesthetics in mind; thinner wires that appear all black at a distance. The product may help increase the value of a property with its modern design.
- Outstanding Durability: With its newly reinforced frame design, LG has extended the warranty of the LG NeON 2 for an additional 2 years.
- Better Performance: The LG NeON 2 now performs better on sunny days thanks to its improved temperature co-efficiency.
- Double-Sided Cell Structure: The rear of the cell used in LG NeON 2 contributes to generation; the light beam reflected from the rear of the module is reabsorbed to generate a great amount of additional power.
Solar Builder explains why LG panels might be a good option for your next C&I project: The N-Type double-sided cell structure allows the panels to produce more energy with a smaller footprint. This is because they reflect light from the rear of the module to be reabsorbed.
SolarReviews reports that the panel efficiencies of between 18.6 and 19.5% places LG in the top 5% of module manufacturers.
LG panels rank in the top five for energy efficiency, temperature coefficient, and materials warranty. SolarReviews rates LG as the number one solar panel brand based on the strength of the company as well as the quality of their solar panels. They also score well on value when compared to the other solar panels, like Sunpower and Panasonic, that are in the top 5 percent on panel specifications.
Of course, the best features in the world won’t get you very far if they break. Luckily, LG has you covered. LG offers a 25-year performance guarantee on its above-average claim against degradation, as well as a 12-year warranty on defects and labor. Ten years is the standard product warranty, so LG’s offer is above average. Furthermore, as a large multinational corporation with a diverse product base, LG has the stability to offer you peace of mind for the lifetime of your panels.
In closing, here is (1) an insider’s opinion, and (2) an outsider’s opinion, as to why contractors should consider LG NeON™2 for their next project:
“LG’s NeON 2 72-cell panels are the perfect solution for commercial and utility scale installation projects looking for a highly efficient solar energy solution without compromising their roof or green space,” said David Chang, U.S. head of sales for LG Solar. “These panels combine LG’s signature sleek design with the newest technology on the market to provide businesses an attainable solar solution for long-term cost savings.” —Solar Builder
Generally speaking, SunPower, LG, and Panasonic make the best solar panels on the market in 2019 due to the high efficiencies, competitive pricing, and stellar 25-year warranty offered by each brand. These companies combine durability and reliability with premium protection and fair prices, making them the brands with the best solar panels available. —EnergySage
Below we have provided links to additional details, such as company brochure, panel data sheet, installation instructions, and warranty, to help you decide if LG NeON™2 is the deal for you. Questions? Solerus is here to help!
Additional Reference Material:
- LG Solar Brochure
- LG’s Industry-Leading Solar Panel Modules Featured At 2018 Solar Power International
- LG 320 Watt NeON 2 Solar Panel Datasheet
- LG Monocrystalline Solar Module Installation Instructions
- LG Solar Module Limited Warranty